Thursday, February 26, 2009

OBGYN

I'm more just curious for everyone's sake who ya'll have had for an OBGYN and if you've liked them. I know there will be another sweep of pregnancies sooner or later so I think this will help everyone know the options out there.

I have had 2 doctors here with my two girls, Dr. David Dooley & Dr. Michelle Cerny (pronounced churney) Anyways, I had Dooley with Emma, which looking back, I wish I would have stayed with him for my 2nd because he was fast, his office was fast and that's what I was looking for especially my 2nd one. But at the time with Emma, I would have wanted someone like Dr. Cerny because she was friendly and easy to talk to. Yet the appointments took forever because her office took forever! So there are some things to consider!

2 comments:

  1. I had Dr. Cerny (also Cerny-Leecock) for my last 3 children. The downside . . . yes the visits take long. The upside she is a GOOD doctor and very personable, which is honestly what you want in a doctor. I have been through a LOT with her. Possible Rh problems with baby #2, possible Down Syndrome with baby #3, water on the kidneys with baby #2, and so forth. What I love is that she is good about telling you what's going on and exactly how she's going to take care of it. She's able to explain scary, frightening things without making you feel scared or frightened. I am sooooo glad I found her and would go to her until I died if I lived here in San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My OB is Dr. Albritton. Sometimes the wait can be long but I don't ask a lot of questions so my visits were usually pretty quick. (I'm a nurse so I knew most of what was going on...). I was really pleased with him come delivery day when he was will to induce me and then after 12 hours stayed late that night to do a C-section when he wasn't even the doctor on call. Very personable and friendly and listened and complied with my wishes. The only thing that I would say is weird about him is that he doesn't always look you in the eye when he talks to you. Took some getting used to but didn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete